March 2, 2010

A Namibian update: ABC video link

Just an update (or maybe just something to make me homesick) to our previous adventures in Namibia. While I was working there, I interacted quite often with the World Wildlife Fund-Namibia office, as I gathered information on conservation efforts in communal conservancies. There is a great video produced by ABC, which was shot while our family was in Namibia. It features the work that WWF is doing on communal conservancies. Good to see it on the air! Chris Weaver, interviewed on the film, was quite gracious to me when I needed information. He runs a great organization.

Check out the video here.

The conservancy featured in the film is just a little northwest of where I worked with my Polytechnic student research team, Uapii and Reinold.

No comments:

Post a Comment